01 July 2008

Another temptation

Oops, forgot to mention, whilst in the US I had a very quick look through a very fancy birder's fancy new Nikon EDG bins. Even more fancy was the fact that they were the very first ones off the production line (or at least serial number 000001), bragging rights included in the box I do believe. How come Nikon, Leica, Swarovski or Zeiss don't send me toys to field test?

Very nice contrasty image, neutral colours and very good depth of field; definitely beat my (non HD) Ultravids, albeit I doubt the Nikons had been abused quite as much as my Leicas. Of course I gave them back with a shrug and said something along the lines of "Yeah, they're alright" and "Well, once you've spent more than £500 it's down to personal preference isn't it?", didn't want to over do it. It will be interesting to test them up against the Ultravid HDs though, perhaps I will change the habit of a lifetime and go to the Birdfair this year.

I need a new scope too and I'm just about to order a mixer/preamp,... must check my bank balance at some point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That 3 day working week looks a year or two off then.......